SC/ST/OBC and Minority Welfare Cell (Equal Opportunity Centre)
For any complaint email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to Download the Complaint Form
At Swami Shukdevanand College, Shahjahanpur we have in existence a “Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/OBC and Minority Cell" with five members including Chairman. It has three additional members drawn from different departments of the Institute including the admission cell. The committee will be formed for three years and will meet three times a year to take stock of implementation of welfare measures proposed for SC/ST/OBC and Minority students. Grievance, if any, of SC/ST/OBC and Minority students is attended on an emergent basis.
The committee members of the SC/ST/OBC and Minority laid down the policy as under which has to be implemented by the administration of Swami Shukdevanand College, Shahjahanpur.
1. SS College admission Committees will follow the Government policy of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC and Minority candidates which is 15% for SC students and 7.5% for ST candidates, and 27% for OBC. Admission will be offered by the Institute to all candidates of reserved category who are selected by UTU on the basis of counselling.
2. If all the seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC and Minority candidates are not filled on the basis of the guidelines of the State Government, the college administration will permit for merit based counselling at the Institute level itself. The management will grant admission to SC/ST/OBC and Minority students according to merit list prepared on the basis of percentage of marks secured in 10+2 examination.
3. SC/ST/OBC and Minority students are eligible for scholarships from the Department of Samaj Kalyan of the State Government. The Institute will offer all possible support to these students in completing their application forms with all necessary supporting documents. The institute will take the initiative to submit the forms of all eligible candidates along with due checklist to the concerned official of the Department.
4. The management will charge fee from the SC/ST students as per the fee schedule applicable to general category students irrespective of the fact whether they are eligible for scholarship or not. Fees so charged will have to be refunded by the management to these students.
5. SC/ST/OBC and Minority cell will function as a Grievance Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST/OBC and Minority students and will render necessary help to them in solving their academic and administrative problems.
6. The management will arrange remedial classes for academically week SC/ST/OBC and Minority student if so recommended by the SC/ST/OBC and Minority.
7. The management will make special efforts to groom these students for their placement particularly so in spoken English and group discussions.
8. Management will grant a grace period of two months beyond the prescribed fee schedule to SC/ST/OBC and Minority if a written request for the same is received from the parent of the student.
The following are members of SC/ST/OBC and Minority Welfare Committee:
|Dr. Poonam (Chairperson)||Teacher-Education||9451807806|
|Dr. Vineet Srivastava (C0-Incharge)||Teacher-Education||9451145545|
|Dr. Archana Garg||Drawing & Painting||9451110000|
|Km. Mahima Singh||Business Administration||8765743172|
|Dr. Pratibha Saxena||Music||9415528894|
|Dr. Shrikant Mishra||Hindi||9452023379|
|Dr. Balveer Sharma||Hindi||9455084039|
|Dr. Pooja Bajpai||Economics||7706837003|
|Dr. Jai Shankar Ojha||Principal, S.S. Law College||9415703943|
|Mrs. Jyoti Sharma||Counsellor, Legal Aid Services Authority,Shahjahanpur||9415703943|